Crete Basins Warranty
This Earth Studio Limited (trading as Crete Basins) Warranty extends only to defects in materials and workmanship which occur during “normal use and service” as defined below, and it does not apply to:
- Goods that have not been maintained in accordance with instructions or that have been accidentally damaged;
- Defects attributable in any way to installation, modification, cleaning, or repair made by any party other than Crete Basins; or
- Mishandling, accident, fire, lightning, other hazards whether natural or man-made or shipment. “Normal use and service” means that the product will be used in a typical residential environment.
- Improper use or abuse includes, but is not limited to, damage from mishandling of the product, damage from excessive heat or uneven exposure to weather conditions, physical or chemical abuse and damage from improper care and maintenance.
- Chips or other excessive impact damage to the product.
- Scratches. Crete Basins concrete and sealers are scratch tolerant but not scratch proof. It is important to avoid scratching the surface and damaging the integrity of the sealer. Crete Basins does not warrant water damage to sinks or any concrete surfaces due to scratching and wear and tear.
- Thermal Shock. Thermal shock can occur when a hot item or liquid is placed on the surface for more than a brief period. These issues are not considered material defects and are subject to proper care and maintenance by the owner.
- Damage caused by excessive pressure eg. sitting, standing or applying force would be considered outside normal use.
- This warranty does not cover any chemical damage.
- Wear and tear of any Crete Basins basin in any commercial environment. Crete Basins applies a 24-month warranty to the structural integrity of the concrete but does not warrant any damage caused to the surface. Due to the unpredictable nature of use, if the wax sealant coating is comprised by scratching, heat, abrasive surfaces, chemicals, accidental chipping, dropping, accidents beyond control, exposure to weather, improper installation, contact with incompatible substances, commercial public use, it becomes void of warranty immediately.
- Filled with water and left for a period of more than 8 hours.
Crete Basins concrete is water and stain tolerant but not waterproof nor stain proof. The concrete will wear in time. Concrete is a porous surface and it is to be expected to develop character from weather and human usage over a period of time.
By agreeing or accepting a quote, sales order or invoice you agree to the terms of this warranty. Crete Basins do not warrant damage to the sealer caused from daily use and any resulting damage to the concrete products from such usage.
If you intend to use Crete Basins concrete in a high traffic area, it is important to understand that the concrete will patina, dull, stain and scratch in time. Such is the beauty of concrete as a natural material.
Do’s and Do Not’s.
Do: Clean up spills immediately. Substances like wine, coffee, bleach, curry paste, chemicals, makeup and toothpaste have been tested on the sealer with great results, provided you clean these spills immediately.
Do: Clean surfaces using a sponge or soft cloth as the issues are encountered. Using soft soap with cool water is recommended.
Do: Avoid the possibility of scratching the surface. It is important to wash your surfaces with a soft microfibre cloth and soapy water. Avoid rough fabrics or scourers.
Do Not: Use generic cleaning products such as bleach, glass cleaners or degreasers.
Do Not: Use vinegar, ammonia, lemon or orange as cleaners. Avoid any corrosive/acidic agents such as acidic products, strong detergents, corrosive liquids or scouring powders.
Do Not: Use bathroom, tub and tile or grout cleaners, or scourers and rough cleaning pads, rags or sponges.
Do Not: Sit or stand on your concrete surfaces. Excessive force applied to the concrete products will weaken or even break the product. They are not designed for such use.
Concrete is hard-wearing but not flexible, and therefore excessive weight in any one area could result in cracking.
Do Not: Apply excessive heat directly to the concrete. Natural, man-made heat or sun may cause fading and alter the shine of the surface over time.
Do Not: Drag, brush or scratch at the surface. Once the sealer is damaged, moisture may seep beneath and create further damage. Crete Basins warranty does not cover replacements in this circumstance.
You can expect natural variations in the colour, pattern and air bubble ratio of the concrete in each piece. Please be aware that your product may be slightly different from those featured in website imagery as each piece is handmade and unique. Material variations are a natural part of the piece and do not fall under the consideration of warranty.
Limitation of Liability
This warranty shall apply only if:
- Purchaser notifies Seller in writing of the claimed defect within 30 days of discovery;
- Purchaser discovers the claimed defect within the Warranty Period;
- Purchaser allows Seller to inspect the Goods claimed to be defective; and
- The seller or its representative confirms the defect in writing to Purchaser
- The goods have been paid for in full.
Further, this warranty shall not apply if:
- The purchaser or a third party modifies or repairs the Goods without Crete Basins prior written approval; or
- After the discovery of a defect, Purchaser fails to take prompt and reasonable steps to prevent the defect from becoming more serious. If Goods are repaired in the field by someone other than Crete Basins, then the warranty on that repair is from the person or company making that repair, not Crete Basins.
Upon collection or delivery of a Crete Basins product, the customer becomes 100% responsible for the preservation and maintenance of the product.
During the Warranty Period
During the Warranty Period, if a product does not conform to this limited warranty, the purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedy against Seller arising out of or in connection with any claimed defect in any Goods sold hereunder, whether based upon contract, strict liability or negligence, and whether for personal injury, commercial loss, or other monetary loss, shall be at Crete Basins option and sole discretion, is one of the following:
- Repair of the defective component or product.
- Replace the product with an item from the current range and of an equal value that will be supplied to the customer at the expense of Crete Basins. Any shipping will be at the expense of the Purchaser.
- Transport costs to replace product will be the expense of the Purchaser.
- Any removal or reinstallation costs will be the expense of the Purchaser.
- 24 Month Limited Structural Warranty commences from the moment the product is delivered to the Purchaser for the duration of 24 calendar months.
Every step of our design and manufacture process has thoroughly considered the improvement of the consumer and user experience. And that research and improvement will continue. But like marble, timber, engineered stone and porcelain these surfaces and require care in use.
Here are some tips:
- Clean your surfaces with a microfibre cloth.
- Clean up your spills as they happen.
- Use our protective carnauba wax. It is supplied with each basin purchase.
Use of Product
In no event, whether based in contract or tort or other legal theory, shall Crete Basins be liable for any special, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages of any kind, including without limitation, damages to other property, inconvenience, loss of goodwill, lost profits, or revenue or other financial loss, loss of use of the product, or claims for damages resulting from the use of the product.
The foregoing limited warranty and remedy are exclusive and made only to the original purchaser. Crete Basins makes no other express, implied or statutory warranty, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and all such warranties are hereby expressly excluded.